Friday, December 17, 2010

Does Your Dug Bite? Or Nine Life Lessons from Inspector Clouseau


I like to watch Pink Panther movies. The news of the death of director and writer Blake Edwards prompted me to start re-examining my relationship with Inspector Clouseau. I realized he may have been wiser than I used to think. Here are nine of his best utterances, and what I think they mean:

1. "The greater the uds, the greater the shallange." Lesson: Attack, always. Or,  never argue with a French philosopher.

2. "Does your dug bite?"Forewarned is forearmed. 

3. "How was I to know he had a minkey?" Sometimes, on the other hand,  life simply presents surprises that we cannot anticipate. Accept these, and move on.

4. "If yuv seen one Stradivarius, yuv seen them all." Don't sweat the small stuff. And it's all small stuff. 

5.  "Do you have a rim? The first rule of survival: find shelter.

6. "I suspect everyone, and I suspect no one."Even paranoids have enemies. 

7. "There is more gooing on here than meets the ear." You must dig to find the truth.

8. "Facts...nothing matters but the facts." Unless you like to watch FOX News. 

9."It's all part of life's rich pageant, you know." Enjoy it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment